MIL-L-46010 Test Panels
Test panels for testing solid film heat cured corrosion inhibiting lubricant per Military Specification MIL-L-46010 (§4.5.2). This specification describes several different test panels made from different alloys and with different surface finishes.
- 2024 Clad Aluminum with MIL-A-8625 Type II sulfuric acid anodized finish (3" x 6" x 0.02")
- 304 Stainless steel (ASTM A240) with 180-220 grit AO grit-blasted finish (3" x 6" x 0.035")
- Note that ASTM A240 supersedes ASTM A167, the stainless steel material referenced in MIL-L-46010
- 1018 Steel (ASTM A108) with 180-220 grit-blasted finish, then phosphate coated per MIL-DTL-16232 (3" x 6" x 0.125")
- Note that MIL-DTL-16232 supersedes DOD-P-16232, the phoshpate process referenced in MIL-L-46010
These test panels are available with a pre-cleaned as-rolled surface finish or with the anodized or blasted finish called for in the specification. Customized test panels are available on request.